All the need to know facts for India. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us!
We're happy to answer any questions you have about travel to India. Contact us on 0818 300204 or email@example.com.
- Indian Rupee. This is a closed currency and can only be obtained upon arrival into India. We recommed you change any money back into Euro before leaving India
- Whilst in the North of India US dollars will be accepted. US dollars can be useful to use as tips due to the smaller denominations
- A visa is required for India
- For stays under 30 days you can apply online at : https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html
- You are able to apply for a visa a maximum 30 days before travel. The visa is electronic so there's no need to post your passport.
- Authorisation takes approximately 24 hours and the visa charge is approximately $45
- A passport photo is required to be uploaded onto your visa application
- Vaccinations are required for India
- Recommended vaccinations include Hepatitis A, Malaria and Typhoid
- We advise you contact your local GP
Best time to visit India:
- High season: November to March / 23 - 35 celsius.
- Low season: April to September / 33 - 42 celsius
- April to November is the best time to visit the Himalayas
- India has three major seasons- winter, summer and monsoon
- Winter months are November to March and are bright and pleasant with snowfall in the northern hills
- Summertime is April to June and is hot in most parts of India. The numerous hill resorts provide cool retreats
- During the monsoon season, rainfall is heavy along the west coast between June and September, and along the east coast between mid-October and December
- During monsoon season, the tides are changing so swimming in the sea is unsafe and water is not the clear blue seen the rest of the year.
0000Questions? Live Chat
Join Our Mailing ListDreaming of a holiday? Sign up to our mailing list to receive our weekly special offers
We are moving home after 20 years!
Yes, we are excited to let you know that Sayit Travel is being incorporated in to its parent company Shandon Travel. Nothing has changed! We're still your one stop shop for all your travel needs.