Shandon Travel is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual to join our team as a General Accounts Assistant, in our Grand Parade Office:
Responsibilities and Overview:
- Verifying all requests for payments to suppliers received in to ensure sufficient monies have been received from clients.
- Daily / monthly reconciliations and postings.
- Sales reports.
- Checking all statements/ invoices received each week from suppliers to ensure sufficient monies have been received from clients and verifying all direct debits to be taken by suppliers.
- Setting up online payments on the bank account or preparing cheques for any payments that won’t be taken by direct debit.
- Bank postings and reconciliations.
- Assist Financial controller on management accounts and reporting.
- Following up suppliers for any refunds that may come due.
- Organising client refunds as necessary, having ensured that the relevant funds have been received from the supplier in question.
- Reconciling supplier accounts, especially for year-end accounts.
- Checking credit card statements to ensure the correct monies are sitting on the relevant clients account for any payments made.
- Posting of and reconciling the credit card statements and accounts.
- Reconciliation of all other bank accounts on a regular basis.
- Reconciliation of balance per cash book reports to nominal ledger balances.
- Statement reconciliations and vendor due reports.
- General reporting.
- Assistance to FC and the accounts team.
- Maintaining of debtor accounts in accordance with company credit terms and conditions.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Hours: Monday to Friday
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Shandon Travel is an equal opportunity employer.