Over 50% of our clients who travel on Adventure Tours are solo travellers. This unique holiday experience is the perfect opportunity to meet like-minded people and forge lasting friendships. We will take care of all your travel arrangements for you.
Why travel solo?
"Most of our solo travellers are women who enjoy the safety in numbers aspect of travelling with a group.
We also have a lot of customers who feel that they wouldn't go anywhere if they were waiting for friends or family to get organised!
We have repeat customers who travel on these tours every year and visit a wide range of places from Peru, China, India to Vietnam and Borneo"
-Clare, Shandon Travel Manager
Solo Cruising with Norwegian Cruise Line
- Award-winning Studio Staterooms where no single supplement applies!
- Studio Staterooms on select NCL ships are sleek and modern. Spacious while offering all the necessities: a full-size bed, separate sink and shower areas, as well as a flat-screen TV, a hair dryer and a safe.
- Get a private key card access to the Studio Lounge, that's exclusively available to Studio guests. Here you can enjoy complimentary refreshments throughout the day, relax with a book, watch the big-screen TV, or simply hang out while having a drink with your fellow Studio cruisers. You can also order room service from the Studio Lounge
- If you’d like to mingle with other single travelers, NCL offers meet-ups for solo cruisers.
To enquire and book your cruise in one of NCL's studio staterooms please call us on 0818 300205, email firstname.lastname@example.org or request a call back.
Browse Solo Tours
Remember: solo travellers can join most adventure tours with a supplement, but here we've outlined some fantastic tours specially designed for those travelling alone. Tours available to every continent. Contact us for more!
Explore Northern Thailand
From € 975ppMore Details
- 8 days
- 15 May 2022 - 22 May 2022 Alternative dates available on request
Amalfi Coast Sailing Adventure Tour
From € 1695ppMore Details
- 7 Days
- 18 Jun 2022 - 24 Jun 2022 Regular departures throughout the year
One Week in Northern Thailand
From € 567ppMore Details
- 8 Day Tour
- 10 Jul 2022 - 17 Jul 2022 Multiple departure dates throughout the year
Mountains & Mystics of India
From € 1240ppMore Details
- 13 Days
- 07 Mar 2022 - 19 Mar 2022 Multiple departure dates throughout the year
Morocco Uncovered Tour
From € 1,305ppMore Details
- 13 Days
- Regular departures throughout the year
Iceland Discovery Tour
From € 2390ppMore Details
- 8 Days
- 07 Oct 2022 - 14 Oct 2022 Regular departures throughout the year
Vegas to LA: Grand National Parks Tour
From € 2530ppMore Details
- 10 Days
- Departures throughout the year.
Peru & Bolivia: Sacred Land of the Incas
From € 2,815ppMore Details
- 15 Days
- 07 Apr 2022 - 21 Apr 2022 Regular departures throughout the year
Best of Galapagos
From € 3162ppMore Details
- 10 Days
- 08 Jan 2022 - 17 Jan 2022 Multiple departure dates throughout the year
Browse All Adventure Tours
"I’m officially hooked"
"I had an amazing time, it was perfect. The trip was exactly what I expected it to be and more. I got to visit a new Croatian island every day, got some activities in and explored a new place every day. Our skipper was very informative about the history, culture & ecosystem. It was a very relaxed and fun week. Everything went smoothly, I’m officially hooked. Everyone else was travelling on their own also, which was cool as we were all in the same boat...literally! Thanks a million for all your help." -Melanie
Why Join A Group Tour As A Solo Traveller?
NO SINGLE SUPPLEMENT when sharing a room with a member of the same sex. If you want a room to yourself this is available at an affordable supplement (most nights for most tours)
SHARING THE EXPERIENCE - As you discover amazing countries and cultures you are sharing these experiences with like-minded people in a relaxed group
FREE TIME - enjoy being part of a group but if you need time alone you will benefit from the free time which may be built into the tour. You can use this free time to explore an area with new friends or you might prefer to go off on your own and see a place by yourself or go to a cafe and read, write some postcards or make friends with the local
GROUP LEADER - your group leader is responsible for enriching your journey, offering local insight, and pursuing great experiences
SAVE MONEY - There are quite a lot of excursions included in these tours which would be more expensive if you were to arrange them yourself
SAFETY IN NUMBERS - Travelling alone may be daunting especially in a new place in the evening. With your group you can go out in the evening and explore night markets and taste the local delicacies and if you wish maybe you and your new friends might enjoy the local nightlife and Tango in Argentina or Samba in Brazil!
Solo Tours Include Trips To:
- Trek the Inca Trail in Peru
- Explore the souks and archaeological treasures of Jordan
- Sip tea in the backstreets of Beijing’s hutongs
- Feed cheetahs in Namibia
- Get up close with Gentoo penguins and migrating blue whales in the Antarctic
- Climb Mount Kilimanjaro
- Visit a Pygmy village in Uganda
- Stay with local families in Cuba
- Spend a peaceful night aboard a junk boat beneath the night sky in Halong Bay, Vietnam
- and many, many more
Our Staff Love Solo Trips
Shandon Travel's Lisa has done three solo trips in recent years, including to New Zealand, Borneo, Vietnam and Cambodia:
"I love to travel but being single its hard to find friends who can travel on the same dates and want to go to the same destination! Last year decided I either travel on my own or I dont travel at all.
I did my first tour in New Zealand and I loved it. Since then i have done two trips with Intrepid and i have another one in the pipeline. I always take the shared room option because it keeps the price down.
So far, I havent had to share a room because other single travellers have paid the single room supplement (result for me!).
I have met some great people who I can call friends and all come from different countries. This is also an advantage because I have an excuse to visit them- more places to visit!
Although I am a confident traveller, I believe in safety in numbers. On every tour I have done, we went for dinner together or if we had free time there was always someone to sit by the pool with or stroll around the area.
It was also nice to share our stories and our experiences. There were people of all ages, people there with friends or partners, but all in all we had one thing in common- the love of travel!
So many great memories and pictures, I cant wait to go again!" -Lisa
0000Questions? Live Chat
Join Our Mailing ListDreaming of a holiday? Sign up to our mailing list to receive our weekly special offers
We are moving home after 20 years!
Yes, we are excited to let you know that Sayit Travel is being incorporated in to its parent company Shandon Travel. Nothing has changed! We're still your one stop shop for all your travel needs.