Costa Rica Tours & Holidays
Costa Rica Quest
- Departure Date
- Regular departures throughout the year
- 9 Days/ 8 Nights
- Costa Rica
- From €729pp
Experience the best of Costa Rica! This tour combines what this incredible country has to offer; adventure, beaches, wildlife and nature.
Highlights include: Soaking in the thermal hot springs of Arenal Volcano; searching for the elusive quetzal bird in the cloud forest, watching the sunset over the Pacific and learning about coffee production and supporting a local community.
You will visit the Monteverde Cloud Forest and the Arenal Volcano in La Fortuna where you can take part in many activities including rafting or ziplining through the forest or relax in the hot springs!
Spend time in Los Quepos where you can combine relaxation time with the Manuel Antonio National Park. This incredible Costa Rican Quest is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Day 1: San José
Arrive at any time. There are no activities planned until an evening welcome meeting.
The adventure begins tonight. Feel free to explore, but make sure you're back in time to meet the group.
After introductions, your CEO will review the details of your tour.
Day 2: San José/ La Fortuna
Drive to Sarapiquí to visit the G Adventures-supported Mi Cafecito Community Coffee Plantation. Learn about the impact this project has had on the community and sample some of the products they sell.
Continue on to the Arenal region with a free afternoon to enjoy some of the many adventure activities such as whitewater rafting or a horseback ride to a waterfall. Later, soak in local hot springs.
La Fortuna is an excellent base for adventure. Opt to hike the area’s nature trails, swim in chilly La Fortuna waterfall or go canyoneering.
Activity: Recharge in the Hot Springs
- Relax in the shadow of the Arenal Volcano immersed in therapeutic waters heated by the earth’s magma and infused with healing minerals and salts.
- Rejuvenate your muscles, detox your cells, and stimulate all your senses in nature’s thermal spa.
- Breathe in the pure rainforest air and marvel at the mystic surroundings of these outdoor pools of paradise.
Day 3: La Fortuna
Free day in La Fortuna. Experience the outdoor adventures, amazing wildlife and natural wonders in this area.
Spend the day getting your adrenaline pumping, viewing local wildlife, marvelling at the Arenal Volcano and getting to know more about Costa Rica in La Fortuna. There are enough activities here to keep you busy all day long.
Day 4: La Fortuna/ Monteverde
Head into the cloud forest with a free afternoon to explore.
Travel across Lake Arenal into the mountains and on to Monteverde Cloud Forest. Spend time enjoying this nature-lover's paradise.
Day 5: Monteverde
Enjoy a guided tour of Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve. Opt to fly above the trees on a canopy zipline tour, go horseback riding in the hills or drive ATVs off-road.
Activity: Santa Elena Cloud Forest Guided Tour (2-3 hours)
- Pull on your poncho and boots. It’s time to head into the cloud-covered forest, past over-sized ferns and exotic orchids.
- Harness your inner Tarzan and Jane as you imagine swinging from the giant vines. Trudge along 12km (7 mi) of trails, watch for wildlife, and trek to the top of the observation tower.
- Be sure to stop and listen too. Hear the haunting call of the bellbird and perhaps catch sight of the brilliant green and red resplendent quetzal. Feel good about protecting the forest and sustaining the quality of local schools through payment of your park fees.
Spend free time in Monteverde exploring the cloud forest or visiting nearby attractions.
Day 6: Monteverde/ Quepos
Travel to Quepos, just outside Manuel Antonio National Park. Opt to visit the park or relax on the beach in this fun surf town. Enjoy a night out and learn how to salsa.
Travel to the Pacific Coast. Enjoy Quepos or opt to visit Manuel Antonio National Park.
The park offers excellent hiking, spectacular views, and abundant wildlife viewing. The park boasts beautiful white-sand beaches and the warm turquoise water. Opt to swim, fish, kayak, boogie board, surf or take a sailing trip.
Enjoy free time to play in the waves, explore Manuel Antonio National Park, or dance the night away.
Day 7: Quepos
Enjoy a free day to visit Manuel Antonio National Park. Sail, snorkel or surf in the Pacific. Opt to kayak through mangroves or relax on the beach.
Optional activity: Manuel Antonio National Park Guided Hike ($45pp)
- Pack your sunscreen, camera, hiking shoes and bug repellent and prepare for a great day in Costa Rica’s smallest yet biodiverse national park.
- Manual Antonio offers four white sand beaches, separated by jagged rock outcrops and tidal pools. Head to the shade of the nearby tropical forest in search of sloths, monkeys, armadillos and iguanas.
- Climb to the lookout to capture views of the pristine Pacific Ocean and the area’s off-shore islands. Learn how the wildlife has adapted to their environment and enjoy your exotic experience.
Day 8: Quepos/San José
Opt to chill at the beach in the morning before the journey back to the capital.
Day 9: San José
Depart at any time for your homeward flight or post-tour stay.
Itinerary is subject to change at any time. Terms & conditions apply
Price is per person sharing a room and includes:
- G Adventures-supported coffee plantation tour with local lunch (Sarapiquí).
- Hot springs visit (La Fortuna).
- Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve guided tour (Monteverde).
- Beach time in Quepos/ Manuel Antonio.
- All transport between destinations and to/ from included activities.
- 8 nights accommodation
Please ask us about adding great value:
- International flights
- Travel insurance
Subject to availability. Terms & conditions apply.
For more information please call us on 021 427 7094, email firstname.lastname@example.org, request a call back using the red button or submit an enquiry through the form below.