The Majestic Northwest
From €2,585pp including flights & car hire
- Depart From
- Fly from Dublin, Tour starts in Seattle
- Departure Date
02 May 2020 - 16 May 2020
Alternative dates available on request
- 15 Days/ 14 Nights
- Washington & Oregon
- From €2,585pp including flights & car hire
Fly from Dublin to Seattle and explore Washington & Oregon on this two-week USA tour.
DAY 1 Seattle
Arrive Seattle. Check-in to hotel.
DAY 2 Seattle
Tour Olympic Sculpture Park and Chihuly Garden. Take a trip to the top of the iconic Space Needle. Take a dinner cruise along Puget Sound.
DAY 3 Seattle—Port Townsend (56mi/90km)
The Olympic Peninsula is a World Heritage Site and International Biosphere Reserve. Explore its natural sites.
DAY 4 Port Townsend- Lake Quinault (170mi/274km)
Hike to Sol Duc hot springs and visit the city of Forks- a centre of the logging industry and the town where the Twilight movies and books were set.
Drive the 30-mile loop around Lake Quinault.
DAY 5 Lake Quinault—Astoria (120mi/193km)
Travel south on Route 101 for magnificent views. Tour Astoria; settled in 1811, this is the oldest town west of the Rockies.
DAY 6 Astoria—Dundee Wine Region—Astoria (206mi/332km)
Tours and wine tastings in the Dundee Wine Region, Take a vineyard hike or guided tour.
DAY 7 Astoria—Newport (134mi/216km)
Take the coastal route to Newport.
En route spot marine life including Orcas, stop to relax on the beaches, stroll through Newport's galleries.
DAY 8 Newport—Eugene (99mi/160km)
Take an architectural walking tour in Eugene. Eugene has the longest-running Saturday market in the US, having been founded in 1970.
Emark on a pub crawl to discover the city’s many breweries.
DAY 9 Eugene—Ashland(180mi/290km)
Tour Ashland’s historic district, attend a performance of the Oregon Shakespeare Festival.
DAY 10 Ashland—Crater Lake—Sunriver (190mi/306km)
Hike Cleetwood Trail to the surface of Crater Lake, or drive around the lake for optimal photo spots.
DAY 11 Sunriver—Portland (178mi/287km)
In Portland, stroll through Washington Park’s Japanese Tea Garden and the International Rose Test Garden.
DAY 12 Portland
Take a microbrewery bicycle tour, visit the Pearl District’s galleries and boutiques. Visit Pioneer Courthouse Square, a 40,000 square foot public space in the centre of the city, and known as Portland's living room.
DAY 13 Portland—Mount Rainier (137mi/221km)
Hike Mount Rainier’s maintained trails to explore its landscape and network of glaciers.
DAY 14 Mount Rainier
Today, enjoy the wilderness and beautiful landscapes Mount Rainier offers. At almost 4,400 metres high, this volcano is the tallest mountain in the Cascade Range.
Mount Rainier National Park is home to many hot springs and geysers which are fed by the geothermal activity under the mountain.
DAY 15 Mount Rainier —Snoqualmie—Seattle (117mi/149km)
Make sure to take a detour to Snoqualmie Falls, the 82 metre high waterfall which famously appeared in Twin Peaks.
Finally, head back to Seattle for your departure.
Seattle Underground History Tour from €18
Discover Seattle’s original neighborhood, Pioneer Square, on this guided walking tour.
Explore the underground pathways that were built in the southwest corner of the Emerald City more than 120 years ago. Learn about Seattle’s history and the events that transformed this once-small Indigenous dwelling place into one of the most popular and thriving cities in the United States. Each small-group tour is unique, with insider tips from a professional, local guide.
- Enjoy a walking tour of old Seattle
- Discover Pioneer Square, the Emerald City’s original neighborhood
- Learn about Seattle’s history and the events that led to its beginnings
- Compare modern-day Pioneer Square with that of yesteryear
- Small group ensures a personalized experience
Boeing Factory Tour from Seattle from €90
See how airplanes are built on this small-group trip to the Boeing factory near Seattle.
Visit the massive Boeing assembly plant, the world’s largest building by volume, and see a variety of different planes in production. Then explore the interactive exhibits and displays in the Aviation Center Gallery and visit the educational Future of Flight Aviation Center museum.
- Half-day guided tour of the Boeing Factory from Seattle
- See 747, 767, 777, 787, and Dreamliner aircrafts being made
- Explore Boeing factory, the largest building in the world
- Enjoy a fully guided factory tour, plus time to spend at the Future of Flight interpretive center and Boeing gift shop
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included with transportation from Seattle
Ensure your place: book these tours with us before you fly. Want to try a different experience? Ask about our other tours and excursions.
- 2 nights Seattle, WA - Edgewater Hotel [city view room]
- 1 night Port Townsend, WA - Ravenscroft Inn
- 1 night Forks, WA - Kalaloch Lodge
- 2 nights Astoria, OR - Cannery Pier Hotel
- 1 night Newport, OR - Elizabeth Street Inn
- 1 night Eugene, OR - Hyatt Place Eugene
- 1 night Ashland, OR - Lithia Springs Resort
- 1 night Sunriver, OR - Sunriver Resort
- 2 nights Portland, OR - Hotel Dossier
- 2 nights Mount Rainier, WA - National Park Inn
Price is per person, based on 2 sharing, and includes:
- Flights and charges from Dublin to Seattle
- 1x checked baggage
- Car hire- Mitsubishi Mirage or similar
- 14 nights accommodation as outlined
- Self-drive directions
- Information packet at hotel upon arrival
Please ask us about adding great value:
- Travel insurance
- Excursions & activities on your roadtrip route
Subject to availability. Terms & conditions apply.
For more information please call us on 021 427 7094 or 01 696 5135, email firstname.lastname@example.org, request a call back using the red button or submit an enquiry through the form below.