Blues & Booze: Chicago to New Orleans
From €2,111pp including flights & car hire
- Depart From
- Fly from Dublin, Tour starts in Chicago
- Departure Date
- Price based on low season travel
- 13 Days/ 12 Nights
- Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana
- From €2,111pp including flights & car hire
Fly from Dublin and explore Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi & Louisiana on this USA tour.
DAY 1 Chicago
Arrive Chicago. Check-in to hotel.
DAY 2 Chicago
Take an architectural river cruise, tour to Oak Park: Frank Lloyd Wright, Ernest Hemingway sites.
DAY 3 Chicago—Indianapolis
Explore historic Fountain Square. Dine in the trendy Wholesale District.
DAY 4 Indianapolis—Louisville
Visit the Indianapolis Motor Speedway; Tour and taste along Whiskey Row in Lousiville.
DAY 5 Louisville
Visit Churchill Downs, home of the Kentucky Derby, visit distilleries along the Kentucky Bourbon Trail.
DAY 6 Louisville—Nashville
Visit Country Music Hall of Fame, Honky Tonks along Broadway and 2nd Avenue.
DAY 7 Nashville
Tour Ryman Auditorium, see a show at the Grand Ole Opry.
DAY 8 Nashville—Memphis
Visit Belle Meade Plantation en route. Enjoy your evening along Beale St.
DAY 9 Memphis
Visit the Rock n’ Soul Museum and Elvis’ Graceland.
DAY 10 Memphis—Vicksburg
Visit Civil War battlefield at the National Military Park
DAY 11 Vicksburg—New Orleans
Travel through plantation country and tour plantations along the Mississippi River.
DAY 12 New Orleans
Tour The Garden District, the Arts District and the French Quarter. Take a Paddlewheeler dinner cruise on the Mississippi River (included).
DAY 13 New Orleans
Enjoy a traditional Louisiana Creole Jazz Brunch.
Chicago Architecture River Cruise from €31
Cruise down the Chicago River to see the city's famous architecture on this boat tour.
With commentary from your onboard guide, watch the spectacular skyline glide by, including more than 40 notable buildings like the Aon Center, the Wrigley Building and the John Hancock Building. Cover all three branches of the Chicago River, passing the East Bank Club, the old Post Office Building and the Willis Tower (formerly known as the Sears Tower).
- Architecture cruise down the historic Chicago River
- Discover all three branches of the Chicago River with your guide, an expert in architecture
- Enjoy the best vantage point to admire the distinct city skyline and admire world-famous architecture
- See more than 40 buildings including the John Hancock Center, the Wrigley Building and the Aon Center
- Discover the major events that helped shape the architectural history of Chicago
- Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Gangsters and Ghosts Tour in Chicago from €24
Experience a colorful side of Chicago history with this Gangsters and Ghosts Tour. With a historian as your guide, you’ll step back to the roaring 20’s, when the Chicago Loop was a hub for bootleggers, speakeasies, and gangsters like the infamous Al Capone. Visit onetime gangster hangouts and haunted sites like the Palmer House, Congress Hotel, and Death Alley.
- Experience the dark past of one of Chicago’s most frequented areas, the Loop
- Historian guide with expert knowledge of city history
- Learn the true tales behind Chicago’s gangster past
- Listen to ghost stories and visit spooky haunted sites
- Duration: 2 hours
Ensure your place: book these tours with us before you fly. Want to try a different experience? Ask about our other tours and excursions.
- 2 nights Chicago, IL - Raffaello
- 1 night Indianapolis, IN - Hampton Inn Indianapolis
- 2 nights Louisville, KY - Brown Hotel
- 2 nights Nashville, TN - Millenium Maxwell
- 2 nights Memphis, TN - Comfort Inn
- 1 night Vicksburg, MS - Courtyard Marriott Vicksburg
- 2 nights New Orleans, LA - Royal St Charles
Priceis per person, based on 2 adults sharing and includes:
- Flights and charges from Dublin to Chicago
- 1x checked baggage
- 12 nights accommodation as outlined
- Car hire- Mitsubishi Mirage or similar
- Self-drive directions
- Information packet at hotel upon arrival
- Dinner Jazz Cruise in New Orleans
Please ask us about adding great value:
- Travel insurance
- Excursions & activities on your roadtrip route
Subject to availability. Terms & conditions apply.
For more information please call us on 021 427 7094 or 01 696 5135, email firstname.lastname@example.org, request a call back using the red button or submit an enquiry through the form below.