Brilliant Bordeaux- July 2020
- Depart From
- Cruise from Bordeaux
- Departure Date
12 Jul 2020 - 19 Jul 2020
Other dates also available
- 8 Days
- Netherlands, Germany, France, Switzerland
- From €2,239pp
Uncover the proud legacy and heritage of Southwest France on this luxury all-inclusive River Cruise from Bordeaux!
Set sail along three stunning rivers, the Garonne, Dordogne and Gironde, on one fascinatingly historical and invigorating journey.
Explore the country’s breathtaking backdrops, wines and cultural treasures across the region in Bordeaux, Fort Médoc, Cadillac, Blaye, Libourne and more. Wander through archaeological marvels, historic landmarks and magnificent vineyards where you’ll be treated to a sampling of quintessentially French experiences.
Embark on a scenic drive from Blaye to Bourg along the Route de la Corniche Fleurie and marvel at the sights of Blaye Fortress and Lansac Windmill along the way. Slow things down in Libourne and on your return to Bordeaux with multiple wine tastings, village tours, a farmers’ market visit and Bordeaux heritage walking tour. Join us on a showcase of the best Southwest France has to offer.
Connoisseur Collection (select sailings)
Explore the world of gourmet French cuisine with our Connoisseur Collection Program, which includes an assortment of culinary-inspired excursions and events, featuring visits to vineyards, orchards, restaurants, museums, culinary hot spots and more.
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water
- 6 days of excursions, including "Choice Is Yours" options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Let's Go,” “Do as the Locals Do” and “Village Day” programs
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audioheadset system on all excursions
- Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the exquisite S.S. Antoinette, the regal River Queen or the elegant River Empress
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® of England beds, high-thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- 4 countries: France, Germany, The Netherlands, Switzerland
- 4 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- All gratuities, both onboard and onshore
- Exclusive Generations Family Programme on select summer departures
DAY 1: Bordeaux (Embark)
Arrive at Bordeaux-Mérignac International Airport. If your cruise package includes a group arrival transfer or if you have purchased a private arrival transfer, you will be greeted by a Uniworld representative and transferred to the ship.
DAY 2: Blaye, Bourg sur Gironde
- Featured Excursion: Bourg sur Gironde walking tour
Choice of Scenic drive along the Route de la Corniche Fleurie with Blaye Fortress or “Let’s Go” yoga in the historic heart of Blaye Fortress
DAY 3: Cussac Fort Médoc, Pauillac la Fayette
Choice of Médoc Châteaux route with private wine tasting or Bunker archaeology tour or “Let’s Go” bike in the Médoc vineyards
DAY 4: Bordeaux, Cadillac, Libourne
Choice of Sauternes Vineyard with private artisanal wine tasting at Château de Cazeneuve or The colorful life of Toulouse Lautrec at Château de Malromé
DAY 5: Libourne
A full day in Libourne means you’ll have plenty of time to explore the majestic landscape of villages and vineyards. Nestled along the confluence of the Isle and Dordogne rivers, the quaint town is as pretty as a postcard. On the outskirts of Libourne, you’ll find neighboring Saint-Émilion. Discover the wine-making town by foot on a tour of its most picturesque sights, such as the magnificent Monolithic Church, all capped by a wine tasting at a beautiful château.
- Featured Excursion: Saint-Émilion walking tour with wine tasting
DAY 6: Libourne, Bordeaux
The French insist that the key to their superb wines is the soil in which they’re grown, the terroir. That same terroir also makes for extraordinary produce—the foundation for the country’s acclaimed cuisine—as you’ll discover today at a local farmers’ market.
- Featured Excursions: Libourne “Village Day” with farmer's market
- Bordeaux night stroll
DAY 7: Bordeaux
There’s so much to discover with a full day in Bordeaux’ port of Quai des Chatrons. The architecture is impressive, the wine is exquisite and the shopping is to die for. Explore La Cité du Vin, a one-of-a-kind cultural center and museum that brings the heritage of wine to life through interactive exhibits, shows, academic seminars and more. Do as the locals do and uncover Bordeaux’ unique heritage on a walking tour or choose to traverse the city by bike. Celebrate the end to a spectacular trip with a farewell dinner onboard.
- Featured Excursion: Cité du Vin Museum visit
Choice of “Do as the Locals Do” Bordeaux walking tour or ”Let’s Go” bike Bordeaux backstreets
DAY 8: Bordeaux (Disembark)
Disembark the ship. If your cruise package includes a group departure transfer or if you have purchased a private departure transfer, you will be transferred to Bordeaux-Mérignac International Airport for your flight home. Or transfer by TGV to Paris for the Ultimate France or A Portrait of Majestic France itineraries.
Note: The itineraries presented are subject to modification due to water levels, closures because of public holidays or other uncontrollable factors. Every effort will be made to operate programs as planned, but changes may still be necessary throughout the cruise. This day-to-day schedule is subject to change. Your final day-to-day schedule will be provided onboard on the first day of your cruise.
Price is per adult, based on 2 sharing and includes:
- 7 night all-inclusive Brilliant Bordeaux cruise, in a classic stateroom
Please ask us about adding great value:
- Flights to France
- Travel insurance
- Upgrade your stateroom type
- Extend your holiday with a European City Break
Subject to availability. Terms & conditions apply.
For more information please call us on 021 493 5806 or 0818 300 205, email firstname.lastname@example.org, request a call back using the red button or submit an enquiry through the form below.