Volunteer In Nepal
- Depart From
- Fly from Dublin
- Departure Date
- Travel in 2024
- 2 weeks
- From €1799pp
Fly from Dublin to Kathmandu and embark on a two-week volunteering programme.
Nepal is a country containing endless natural wonders. Mount Everest is just the beginning, there are also gorgeous lakes, rivers and caves. All of this is home to diverse wildlife and birds. There are many treks offered in Nepal, and you can find one that fits perfectly for you.
Everest and More
Mount Everest is one of the sites that appear on everyone's bucket list. The Everest Base Camp trek is just one of many options for exploring this extraordinary mountain range, unmatched by any other on our planet. The views will be unlike any you've seen before all of the peaks in Nepal rise above 20,000 feet. This country is a must-visit for the mountaineer.
If you are more interested in spirituality, Kathmandu Valley is located in the foothills of the Himalayas and has seven “Monument Zones.” They include urban centers with palaces, temples, and the oldest known Buddhist monument, thought to be built in the third century B.C. It is a pleasant place if you seek something tranquil. -
Adventure Seekers Welcome
The adventure in Nepal extends past Mount Everest to every outdoor sport you can imagine. For thrill-seekers, there are bungee jumpers and paragliding. For those who desire a more low-key adventure, drift through the sky on a hot air balloon. You can also experience the wildlife of Nepal safely inside a jeep with an experienced guide on one of their safaris. And, for those who are trekking around the world, there are plenty of options that allow you to experience Nepal's beauty.
If you are vegetarian, Nepal will be a haven for you as much of the population is Hindu and offers vegetarian options.
Nepal is one of the most affordable countries to visit, especially if you compare its trails to other famous ones worldwide. Cheap and delicious food allows you to be satisfied at 10$ a day. Their food is subject to influence from China and India which gives you more to sample. And, your meals are likely to be healthy as Nepalese meals often include lots of lean meats and vegetables for a well-balanced meal. Best of all, you can find a clean and comfortable bed for 18.50$ a night.
Nepal is home to 35 different ethnic groups. Each ethnic group offers its religion, language, music, and food. If you seek to learn about many cultures while visiting one country, Nepal is an excellent place to start.
One of the most fascinating aspects of their religion is the worship of Kumari, the living goddess. These are young girls worshipped because they represent the divine nature of the female. Additionally, there are giant stupas sprinkled throughout the entire country. They serve as reminders of Buddha's path to enlightenment, and you can catch locals practicing Buddhist rituals at any time of day. You will learn something after spending time in Nepal
World Heritage Sites
We’ve already mentioned Kathmandu Valley and Sagarmatha National Park, which is home to Mount Everest, but there are two more world heritage sites in Nepal. Lumbini is a pilgrimage site where Siddhartha Gautama was said to be born, in 563 B.C.E. He grew up to become the Gautama Buddha and the founder of Buddhism. Chitwan National Park was established in 1973 as the first National Park in Nepal. There are more than 700 species of wildlife there, a few of which are the Bengal Tiger, leopards, and rhinoceroses.
A country for nature lovers, Nepal is sure to be an experience of serenity. Friendly locals and delicious food will create a pleasant experience that will make you want to return to Nepal time and time again.
Here are some features that make a volunteering holiday in Nepal a safe, immensely enjoyable and memorable experience:
Your safety and well-being are the top priority when traveling to another country. We're drawing on our experience since the year 2000 to make this one of the safest forms of travel you can undertake:
- Everything is pre-organized for you from when you arrive until you complete the program. Journey with complete peace of mind.
- Safe, licensed drivers and registered vehicles are used for all your road transportation.
- We are always with you during trips, transfers, and project activities.
- Hygienic meals of home-like local cuisine (as included in your plan) for proper nutrition.
- We prepare you well for your travel and volunteer experiences from before you start the program until its completion.
A volunteer program needs to be well designed and organized to ensure that even if you volunteer or visit the country for the first time, you can focus on enjoying your time there and make the maximum positive impact possible.
- Pre-arranged accommodation throughout the program with other international volunteers.
- 3 meals per day as per local cuisine (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) for the entire duration of the program (where it applies).
- Free Wi-Fi at the accommodation to stay in touch with family and friends.
- The regular presence of our trained staff to help you with your volunteer project, guiding you on how to plan and execute your volunteer work.
It's very possible that when you travel with us, you're volunteering for the first time or at least volunteering in a new country. This means that you will do better if we support you fully during your volunteering activities.
- We provide complete details of the project to which you would be contributing. You will know why the project exists, its needs, and the role you play as a volunteer to help in that project.
- A tailor-made volunteering activity plan for you to get started as quickly as possible and know who you are teaching.
- We support you every day in planning activities for your project for the next day.
Travel and Cultural Experience
We believe that a good volunteering program should be fun and leave you with memorable experiences. This means that your volunteer program can include trips, adventures, workshops, and cultural experiences that are delightful or hard to find.
- Optional weekend excursions to top highlights of the country or region ensure that you are getting the best of what tourism in the area offers.
One of the most fun elements of a country's culture is learning the basics of its language, cooking food local style, seeing how local people live, and so forth. For this reason, we include workshops in your volunteer program such as:
- Visiting local families and having a meal with them.
- Learning the local dance or arts.
- Trying your hands at local cuisine.
- Learning the local language for fun and practical use during your travels or volunteering.
Care and Support
We will speak with you daily, assist in case you need medical care, or help you change plans if something unexpected comes up.
|7:00-8:00hrs||Breakfast at accommodation|
|8:00-13:00hrs||Project volunteering work|
|15:00-16:00hrs||Cultural workshops- as per programme schedule|
|16:00-17:00hrs||Preparation meeting/ lesson planning for the next day|
|17:00-17:30hrs||Tea/coffee at accommodation|
|19:00-20:00hrs||Dinner at accommodation|
*Lunch may be offered a packed lunch or lunch at the project depending on different factors such as distance from accommodation and others.
The scheduled time table shown above is meant as a guide only and may change due to the need of the project or any other circumstances.
Price shown is per person and includes:
- Return flights from Dublin
- 2 Week Volunteer Nepal Programme
- Airport pick-up
- Travel insurance
Please ask us about:
- Getting a Visa for Nepal
Good to know:
- Travel expenses not included in programme itinerary are excluded
- Food & beverages not included in programme itinerary are excluded
Subject to availability. Terms & conditions apply.
For more information please call us on 021 427 7094 or 01 696 5135, email email@example.com, request a call back using the red button or submit an enquiry through the form below.