Mediterranean Taster Cruise
From €399pp Cruise Only
- Depart From
- Sail from Barcelona
- Departure Date
- 07 Nov 2020 - 11 Nov 2020
- 4 Nights
- Spain, France, Italy
- From €399pp Cruise Only
Ports of call: Barcelona, Spain; Palma de Mallorca, Spain; Marseille, France; Genoa, Italy; Barcelona, Spain
Board the MSC Grandiosa in Barcelona for a four night taster cruise to France, Italy and Spain.
Barcelona – Spain’s second city, and the self-confident capital and port of Catalunya – vibrates with life, and there’s certainly not another city in the country to touch it for sheer style, looks or energy. A holiday in Barcelona can start with the Ramblas, and then dive straight into the medieval nucleus of the city, the Barri Gòtic.
But there are plenty of other central old-town neighbourhoods to explore too, from La Ribera – home to the celebrated Museu Picasso – to funky El Raval, where cool bars, restaurants and boutiques have mushroomed in the wake of the striking contemporary art museum, MACBA.
Palma is a vibrant place and a world away from the heaving tourist enclaves of the surrounding bay.
Finding your way around Palma is fairly straightforward once you’re in the city centre. The obvious landmark to see in Palma on your cruise holiday is the Catedral, which dominates the Mediterranean Sea waterfront and backs onto the oldest part of the city, a cluster of alleys and narrow lanes whose northern and eastern limits are marked by the zigzag of avenues built beside – or in place of – the city walls.
Marseille is the most renowned and populated metropolitan area in the country after Paris and Lyon. Particularly good in the afternoon is the north (Le Panier) side, where the terraces are sunnier and the views better. The best view of the Vieux Port is from the Palais du Pharo, on the headland beyond Fort St-Nicolas, or, for a wider angle, from Notre-Dame-de-la-Garde, the city’s Second Empire landmark atop the La Garde hill.
Genoa is marvellously eclectic, vibrant and full of rough-edged style. Indeed “La Superba” (The Superb), as it was known at the height of its authority as a Mediterranean superpower, boasts more zest and intrigue than all the surrounding coastal resorts put together.
Cruise back to Barcelona where your cruise will come to an end. Ask us about adding flights and a Barcelona city break.
Designed to ensure a pleasant stay on board. Available with the following accommodation types: Balcony, Ocean View, Outside with Partial View and Interior cabins
- Wide variety of superb, freshly prepared cuisine.
- You choose your preferred dinnertime from Early Dining or Late Dining with a time range preference, subject to availibility and confirmation on board.
- Gourmet buffet with different areas, open 20 hours a day
- Broadway-style theatre shows
- Swimming pool, scenic gym and open-air sports facilities
- Packed program of daily activities
- Free access to 5 different clubs for kids and teenagers*
- Freedom to change booking details dates and guest names
- Turndown service to prepare your bed each night
- Collect MSC Voyagers Club points to earn discounts and other benefits on subsequent cruises
* Special events for children are not included. Contact the Mini Club for full information.
Day 1: Barcelona, Spain
Day 2: Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Day 3: Marseille, France
Day 4: Genoa, Italy
Day 5: Barcelona, Spain
Price is per adult sharing and includes:
- 4 night cruise on board the MSC Grandiosa, in an interior cabin
- Bella Cabin
- Free drinks promotion on Fantastica cabins not applicable to this sailing
Please ask us about adding great value:
- Flights to Barcelona
- Drinks Packages
- Travel insurance
- Upgrade to an ocean view or balcony cabin
- Barcelona City Break add on
Subject to availability. Terms & conditions apply.
For more information please call us on 021 427 7094 or 0818 300 205, email email@example.com, request a call back using the red button or submit an enquiry through the form below.