Holiday - Special Offers
Costa Rica Adventure
- Departure Date
- Multiple departure dates throughout the year
- 16 Days
- Costa Rica
- From €1379pp
If you’re looking for a taste of Costa Rica’s world-class highlights but want to keep things spicy with a sampling of hidden treasures, this action-packed adventure tops the menu.
In spite of its small size, Costa Rica is one of the most biologically diverse countries in the world- explore its volcanoes, wildlife, rainforests and beaches.
This adventure offers a great balance of guided excursions and free time. Optional activities abound- choose to get your adrenaline pumping or take it easy with a stroll through a butterfly garden.
Day 1: San José
Arrive at any time.
The adventure begins tonight. Feel free to explore before your welcome meeting, but make sure you’re back in time to meet the group.
After introductions, your CEO will review the details of your tour.
Day 2: San José/ Quepos
Travel to Quepos and enjoy a few days of relaxing and exploring Manuel Antonio National Park.
The small town of Quepos is on the Pacific Coast and this region of Costa Rica is a great place to relax and enjoy the sun and nearby sea.
A short distance away, Manuel Antonio National Park offers beautiful white-sand beaches and warm turquoise water, ideal for swimming, fishing, kayaking, boogie boarding, sailing or surfing.
Day 3: Quepos
Enjoy a free day in the Manuel Antonio region to explore and relax. Opt go kayaking through mangroves, take a surf lesson or cruise along the coast on a dolphin-spotting sunset sailing excursion.
There's plenty to see and do in Quepos, and we wanted to make sure that you had some time to take it all in. Feel free to relax or try optional activities like visiting Manuel Antonio National Park. Your CEO has more ideas if you need them. Just ask!
Day 4: Quepos/ Monteverde
Travel from Quepos to Monteverde and into the cool mountain air of the area.
Ascend to the Monteverde cloud forest region. Spend a couple of days exploring the town and a cloud forest reserve, truly a bird lover's paradise. This unique community has several cooperatives worth visiting.
Optional activities include the Sky Walk, a series of suspension bridges through the jungle canopy, a butterfly garden and a thrilling canopy zipline.
Day 5: Monteverde
Enjoy a guided tour of Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve. Opt to fly across the forest canopy on ziplines or visit the frog pond.
Activity: Santa Elena Cloud Forest Guided Tour (2-3 hours)
- Pull on your poncho and boots. It’s time to head into the cloud-covered forest, past over-sized ferns and exotic orchids.
- Harness your inner Tarzan and Jane as you imagine swinging from the giant vines. Trudge along 12km (7 mi) of trails, watch for wildlife, and trek to the top of the observation tower.
- Be sure to stop and listen, too. Hear the haunting call of the bellbird and perhaps catch sight of the brilliant green and red resplendent quetzal.
- Feel good about protecting the forest and sustaining the quality of local schools through payment of your park fees
Day 6: Monteverde/ La Fortuna
Travel from Monteverde to La Fortuna. Enjoy free time for optional activities such as whitewater rafting, waterfall rappelling, or relaxing in local hot springs.
La Fortuna, the town near the foot of Arenal Volcano is an excellent base for adventure. Hike the area’s nature trails, swim in chilly La Fortuna waterfall or go canyoneering (rappelling) and catch a bird’s eye view of the forest greenery.
Days 7–8: La Fortuna
Enjoy two free days in La Fortuna. Optional activities abound.
Optional activities include full-day whitewater rafting on the Toro or Arenal Rivers, mountain biking, caving, horseback riding, or a tour of the Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge.
Like much of Costa Rica, the area is a birders’ paradise, with over 600 species as permanent residents. Finally, after a long day of exploring, you can choose to take a relaxing soak at Baldi Hot Springs.
Day 9: La Fortuna/ Sarapiquí Rainforest
Enjoy an included visit to a G Adventures-supported coffee cooperative with a local lunch before heading to a jungle oasis in the Sarapiquí Rainforest.
Visit a coffee cooperative in the small village of San Miguel de Sarapiquí and take a traditional coffee tour. Enjoy a local lunch here- there's even fresh tilapia farmed on site- and then tour the grounds of the cooperative to learn about the coffee process from bean to cup.
Next, board a tractor-drawn cart excellent for navigating the jungle along rugged uphill terrain on the way to our special jungle oasis.
Accommodation is in a rustic lodge with multi-share sleeping arrangements, and shared bathroom facilities.
Sarapiquí Jungle Lodge Stay, Sarapiquí Rainforest:
- Spend the night immersed in the rainforest at a unique jungle oasis. The Sarapiquí Valley is home to hundreds of species of animals, birds, and butterflies, and our jungle lodge brings us into the heart of it all.
- With a variety of included activities offered by the lodge, spend time hiking, swimming in the river, learning to make empanadas, or just lounging in a hammock surrounded by the stunning Costa Rican countryside.
Day 10: Sarapiquí Rainforest
Enjoy a day in the beautiful Sarapiquí Valley. Optional activities (all included in our overnight package, weather-depending) include swimming in the river, night walks, an empanada-making lesson or lounging in a hammock.
Head into the Sarapiquí Rainforest on the search for some of the 400 plus birds that call this region home. Led by a local guide, keep your eyes peeled for rare species and learn tricks to spot birds that are hiding in plain sight.
Day 11: Sarapiquí Rainforest/Tortuguero
Head to Tortuguero. Opt to visit the nesting grounds of the green and leatherback turtles at night (seasonal).
The journey to Tortuguero is half the adventure. Begin by taking a tractor-drawn cart, board a private van, and finish it off with a journey by boat.
This unique village has walking paths that extend into the national park, a fantastic place to see wildlife even when turtles aren't in season.
The trip takes you from the Magsasay Jungle Lodge to the Pozo Azul restaurant. The bumpy trip takes approximately two hours. On our journey in we ford two rivers, by tractor when the water is low, or cross foot-bridges when water levels rise with the rains.
Day 12: Tortuguero
Enjoy free time to explore Tortuguero. Opt to kayak through the canals and view the wildlife, wake up early and head to the beach to watch turtle eggs hatch (seasonal), or just wander through the town.
Day 13: Tortuguero/ Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Head to Puerto Viejo de Talamanca. Opt to snorkel in the Caribbean, hike in Manzanillo National Wildlife Refuge, or rent a bike to hit the beach.
A morning boat ride and drive ends in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, with spectacular scenery en route. This seaside town is perfect for relaxing or exploring the Manzanillo National Wildlife Refuge.
Day 14: Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
With free time here, head out and explore. Don't forget to try some fantastic Afro-Caribbean cuisine.
The picturesque village of Puerto Viejo de Talamanca’s 14 kms of incomparable white- and black-sand beaches are surrounded by exotic tropical vegetation.
Opt to rent a bike, hike to Monkey Point, go snorkelling or take it easy and explore La Isla Botanical Gardens.
There's plenty to see and do in Puerto Viejo, and we wanted to make sure that you had some time to take it all in. Feel free to relax or try optional activities like snorkelling, biking, and hiking in the Gandoca Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge. Your CEO has more ideas if you need them. Just ask!
Day 15: Puerto Viejo de Talamanca/ San José
Enjoy free time in the morning before heading back to San Jose for the final night with the group.
Take a bus ride over the mountains back to the capital.
Day 16: San José
Depart at any time.
Price is per person sharing a room and includes:
- G Adventures for Good: Mi Cafecito Coffee Cooperative Tour, Sarapiquí
- Hands-On: Cooking Demonstration, Sarapiquí Rainforest
- Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve guided tour (Monteverde)
- Jungle lodge stay
- Nature trail walk with swim (Sarapiquí)
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- This adventure boasts transfer vans fitted with wi-fi for up to five users at a time. Check your email, upload a photo to Facebook, or send a tweet to your friends.
- Accommodation: Hotels (13 nights), jungle lodge (2 nights, multi-share).
- Meals: 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners (allow USD530-690 for meals not included)
- Transportation: private vehicle, tractor, public bus, boat, walking.
- Staff & experts: Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
Please ask us about adding great value:
- International flights
- Travel insurance
Subject to availability. Terms & conditions apply.
For more information please call us on 021 427 7094, request a call back using the red button or submit an enquiry through the form below.