Holidays To Italy
Classic Italian Rail Trip
From €1869pp bed & breakfast
- Depart From
- Fly from Dublin
- Departure Date
- Price based on travel April 2020
- 10 nights
- Venice, Florence, Rome & Sorrento, Italy
- From €1869pp bed & breakfast
Fly from Dublin and see the best of Italy on this ten-night rail trip to Venice, Florence, Rome & Sorrento.
Fly to Venice for a romantic weekend meandering the canals before jumping on the high-speed rail to Florence.
Spend two days exploring the wonderful architecture, history and food of Florence before continuing to the capital city, Rome. Just 90 minutes by rail, jump in head first and experience its many delights and sights.
After this active itinerary head south to Sorrento on the coast of Amalfi. Spend the remaining days relaxing in peaceful pools, shopping in quiet towns and enjoying the beautiful backdrop of the bay of Naples.
Choose from hundreds of Italian activities, from private guided tours to cooking classes, from cruise and water tours to bicycle and walking tours. Ask our agents about the perfect activity to suit you, and your budget. Here's a selection of our most popular:
Florence Cooking Class: Learn How to Make Gelato and Pizza from €59
Learn how to make traditional Italian pizza and gelato on this cooking class in Florence.
Led by a chef, sample a variety of flavors before getting to work on your own creations. Afterward, bring home your newfound skills in the kitchen to impress your friends. This class is limited to 25 people to ensure you receive personal attention from your instructor.
- Make your own Italian pizza and gelato in this Florence cooking class
- Sample a variety of different pizzas and gelato flavors
- Learn tips and traditional Italian culinary methods from a professional chef
- Take home a recipe booklet at the end of the class
Vatican VIP Experience: Exclusive Breakfast at the Vatican with Early Access to Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel from €109
Enjoy a VIP experience at the Vatican with this morning tour that includes breakfast on site. You’ll explore the Vatican Museums before they open to the general public so you can admire famous sights like the Sistine Chapel and Raphael’s Rooms in a more intimate atmosphere before finishing with skip-the-line access to St Peter’s Basilica through a reserved entrance.
When booking, select from two options: breakfast in the Pinecone Courtyard with a Vatican tour limited to 16 people or breakfast in the Vatican cafeteria with a Vatican tour plus a coach tour of surrounding Vatican City and the Vatican gardens, limited to 25 people.
- Early-morning Vatican Museums tour with breakfast
- Explore the Vatican before members of the general public set foot inside
- Enjoy an Italian-American breakfast buffet in the Pinecone Courtyard or Vatican cafeteria
- See top Vatican sights like Raphael’s Rooms, Gallery of Maps and the Gallery of Tapestries with a guide
- Enter the Sistine Chapel to see Michelangelo’s The Last Judgment, and visit St Peter’s Basilica through a fast-track entrance
- Tour Vatican City and the Vatican Gardens on an exclusive coach tour, if option selected when booking
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 16 or 25 people ensures a more personalized experience
Legendary Venice St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace from €65
Delve into Venetian history on this tour that showcases two of the city's most iconic structures and sheds light on the stories behind them both. Enjoy skip-the-line access to both popular attractions.
Your first stop ia legendary St. Mark's Basilica. Wander around the mosaic-covered interior and Byzantine treasures while a local guide fills you in on how this collection came to be. Then continue to the Doge’s Palace to explore the former political heart of Venice.
- Skip-the-line access and tours of St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace
- Explore two of the floating city's most iconic sites and learn the stories behind them
- Visit the opulent apartments and the Hall of the Great Council at Doge's Palace with a guide
- Take a walk over the Bridge of Sighs
- Enjoy special access to the first floor terrace of St. Mark's for panoramic views over the city
Ensure your place: book your tours with us before you fly. Want to try different experiences? Ask about our other tours and excursions.
4* Palazzo Giovanelli e Gran Canal Venezia, Venice
With panoramic views over the Grand Canal, Hotel Palazzo Giovanelli dates back to the 16th century. Saint Mark's Square is just 2 stops away on the water bus.
Hotel Palazzo Giovanelli e Gran Canal offers large elegant rooms with original paintings, air-conditioning, and a flat-screen satellite TV. Breakfast is a varied buffet. Many rooms have exposed wooden beams on the ceilings, and a balcony with views over historic Venice and the Grand Canal. Some rooms overlook the inner garden.
This former palace has been home to the Doge of Venice, and Mozart's family. The spacious lounges feature Murano-glass chandeliers and elegant Italian furniture. Venice Casino is a 2-minute ride across the canal. The multi-lingual staff at the 24-hour front desk can book water taxis on request. Santa Croce is a great choice for travellers interested in atmosphere, scenery and sightseeing.
4* L'Orologio, Florence
This 4 star hotel is located in the city centre of Florence and was established in 1500. It is close to the Duomo and the nearest station is Santa Maria Novella. The Hotel has a restaurant, a bar, a conference room, a coffee shop and a fitness centre/gym. All 58 rooms are equipped with minibar, hairdryer, safe and air conditioning.
4* River Palace Hotel, Rome
This city hotel is situated close to the city centre and provides an excellent location from which to explore the sights of Rome. The hotel was opened in 1990 and offers 8 floors with a total of 59 rooms. Amongst the hotel's facilities there is a foyer with a 24-hour reception and a safe as well as a currency exchange desk.
In addition guests are also offered a bar, a pub, and a TV room as well as a cosy cafe. Business guests are offered a conference room and complimentary wireless internet connection. Room and laundry services are also available on offer. The stylish rooms consist of an en suite bathroom with a hairdryer. Each room come well – equipped as standard. A buffet breakfast is available to guests each morning.
4* Vue D'Or, Sorrento
This hotel boasts spectacular views over the Bay of Napes, from its charming position in Sorrento. The hotel is located just a 10 minutes' driving distance away from the centre of the town, where a number of attractions are just waiting to be explored. The picturesque town of Positano can be found just a 20 minutes' driving distance away.
Guests will find themselves in the ideal setting from which to explore the natural beauty and splendour of the mesmerising Amalfi Coast. This charming hotel enjoys a convenient setting. This wonderful hotel comprises elegantly-designed guest rooms, which offer a peaceful setting in which to unwind. Guests can enjoy a number of facilities and services at this hotel.
Price is per adult sharing and includes:
- Return flights and charges from Dublin
- Private resort transfers
- Dublin airport lounge pass
- First class rail ticket
- 2 nights bed & breakfast accommodation at 4* Palazzo Giovanelli, Venice
- 2 nights bed & breakfast accommodation at 4* L'Orologio Firenze, Florence
- 2 nights bed & breakfast accommodation at 4* Hotel River Palace, Rome
- 4 nights bed & breakfast accommodation at 4* La Vue d'Or, Sorrento
Please ask us about adding great value:
- Travel insurance
- Italian tours, activities, day trips and excursions in Venice, Florence, Rome and Sorrento
Subject to availability. Terms & conditions apply.
For more information on this luxury holiday, please get in touch:
- Call us on 021 427 7094 or 01 696 5135
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request a call-back using the red button
- Or submit an enquiry through the form below
Honeymooners can call our specialist on 0818 22 44 55 or email email@example.com.