Antarctica Bridge Cruise
- Departure Date
- Various dates available from Dec 2021 to March 2022
- 8 Nights
- From €13,410pp
Ports of Call: Punta Arenas, Chile - King George Island - Antarctic Sound - Antarctic Peninsula - South Shetland Islands - King George Island
Silverseas, the world’s leading ultra-luxury cruise line, announces a first in the ultra-luxury segment: a new fly-cruise service to Antarctica in business-class comfort, as part of the largest ever Antarctica offering in the cruise line’s history and is named Antarctica Bridge.
Antarctica Bridge offers a faster way to reach Antarctica.
Enjoying direct flights from Chile’s Punta Arenas to King George Island in Antarctica, travellers will fly 670 nm (1,240 km) over the Drake Passage on a private plane – reserved exclusively for Silversea’s guests – that has been specially adapted to land on King George Island.
Hosted by Silversea representatives and offering travellers the luxury of a business-class configuration, the flight will take just two hours each way, meaning guests will avoid approximately four days at sea on the return journey.
A bespoke in-flight entertainment programme, which will include Zodiac and IAATO briefings, will be tailored entirely for Antarctic expeditions to prepare guests for the unique adventure ahead. Travellers will then spend five full days – the same amount of time as on Silversea’s conventional Antarctica voyages – travelling deep into the destination, accompanied by Silversea’s team of expedition experts.
Day 1: Inbound international flight, via Santiago.
You have the choice of either inclusive economy-class air or reduced business-class air on your inbound international flight to Punta Arenas, Chile, as part of Silversea’s ongoing air promotion (book by 3rd January).
Day 2: Pre-cruise hotel night in Punta Arenas.
Ahead of flying to Antarctica, you will spend a night at the elegant Hotel Cabo de Hornos in Punta Arenas. Here, you will receive your expedition kit, including rubber boots, parka, walking poles for the duration of the expedition, waterproof trousers, expedition backpacks and a water bottle. A dedicated Expedition Team will be on the ground prepare you for the journey ahead.
Day 3: Flight to King George Island (Antarctica).
A first in the ultra-luxury cruise segment, travellers will fly to Antarctica in the equivalent of business-class comfort, saving two days at sea each way. Silversea’s guests will land at the Chilean base of Presidente Frey, which is normally used by scientists as they journey to the island’s research stations.
Days 3-9: Antarctica Expedition aboard Silver Explorer.
With five full days in Antarctica, you will enjoy an unprecedented level of flexibility aboard Silver Explorer, and an enhanced scope to discover each destination.
From King George Island, travellers will explore the same destinations as on Silversea’s conventional Antarctica offering: Antarctic Sound, the Antarctic Peninsula over three days, and the South Shetland Islands, before returning to King George Island once more.
Silversea’s Expedition Team will guide Zodiac tours, shore experiences, kayaking tours, and provide lectures on the region’s fascinating geology, wildlife and history to enrich the journey for guests.
In addition to witnessing remarkable icebergs, you will visit large penguin rookeries, and may see several species of seals, whales and birds.
Day 9: Flight from Antarctica to Punta Arenas.
Return in style and comfort on the 75-seat aircraft to Punta Arenas, accompanied by Silversea representatives.
Day 9: Post-cruise hotel night in Punta Arenas.
Spend a relaxed post-cruise hotel night at the Hotel Cabo de Hornos and explore Punta Arenas once more.
Day 10: Outbound international flight.
Price is based on 2 adults sharing and includes:
- Roundtrip economy air to Punta Arenas (Chile)
- Roundtrip business class air to Antarctica (King George Island)
- One night pre-cruise and post-cruise hotel stay in Punta Arenas
- Expedition gear – parka, waterproof trousers, walking poles (rentals), rubber boots (rentals), expedition backpack and water bottle
- Welcome reception and bon voyage dinner (in Punta Arenas)
- Pre- and post-cruise meals
- Transfers between airport and hotel, and luggage handling, when guests take international air through Silversea
- Silversea’s standard expedition inclusions, which comprise guided Zodiac tours and shore side activities, led by the Expedition Team; enrichment lectures; butler service for every suite; and many additional amenities.
- Silverseas trademark level of service including: The personalised service of a butler, 24-hour in-suite dining service, A bottle of champagne upon arrival and a drinks bar, stocked with guests’ preferred beverages, Fine dining, including complimentary caviar on demand, canapes, and a rich offering of seafood and steak and an array of other inclusive amenities.
Please ask us about adding great value:
- Travel insurance
Subject to availability. Terms & conditions apply.
For more information please call us on 021 427 7094 or 01 696 5135, email@example.com, request a call back using the red button or submit an enquiry through the form below.