Washington DC: Pints & Politics
- 2 hours
- Washington DC, USA
- From €25.75
Stroll the streets of Washington, DC’s oldest residential neighborhood as we discover the birthplace of American politics. See the iconic U.S. Capitol Building, the Supreme Court, and Library of Congress.
Engage is a lively discussion and debate about historic and current American politics, all lead by a local guide. Finish up with a drink on DC’s historic Barrack’s Row.
Local English-speaking guide.
Food and drinks, souvenirs and personal shopping, tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Learn about the U.S. government and its frequently controversial politicians and policies
- Engage in some friendly debate on American politics and issues
- Discover the origins of the nation’s capital
- Wander through the beautiful, historic Capitol Hill neighborhood and discover local shops and restaurants
- Grab a drink in the oldest commercial district in the city
Duration: 2 hours
In front of the Capitol Building at the corner of First St NE and East Capitol St NE
Starting time: 3.00 PM
Molly Malones, 713 8th St SE, Washington, DC
- Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide.
- Exclusions: Food and drinks, souvenirs and personal shopping, tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Dress standard: Please dress comfortably and appropriate for the weather, as much of the tour takes place outside.
- Your Trip: For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We'll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
Washington, DC is the center of American government and politics – and this tour will let you experience all the political action and participate in the debate!
Our guides will act as educators and facilitators and give you all the information, history, and context you need to have a lively debate with your fellow guests and, who knows, we may solve some issues while we’re at it! Even if we don’t change any policies, we’ll still end the tour at a bar where the drinks will cement our friendships and loosen our tongues.
Your Washington, DC tour begins at the heart of the city, the U.S. Capitol Building. Here, you’ll discover the origins of the city, the inner workings of the American government, and some incredible stories about U.S. politics as you stand right in front of the building that started it all. Discuss the development of the city as you gaze upon the Capitol, Supreme Court, and Library of Congress.
Next, we’ll wander up one of the most historic streets in the city while engaging in a lively political discussion and debate, all led by your guide. Opinions welcome, but keep it friendly!
During our journey we’ll pass and discuss some of the most historic places of Capitol Hill, including the Eastern Market, the Old Navy Hospital, and the Marine Core Barracks. Find out where all the movers and shakers meet outside the office, and uncover the changes the neighborhood and city have undergone. You’ll be fascinated by the how you can see the origins of the city in the Capitol Hill neighborhood.
Finally, we’ll check out the oldest commercial district in the city, Barrack’s Row. There, your local guide will point out some of the best spots to eat, drink, and socialize in the city, before ending our Washington tour at one of our favorite bars on the Row.