Toronto: Beer & History
- 4 hours
- Toronto, Canada
- From €31.67
Through fire, war, depression, cholera, rebellion, and repression, beer has been there soothing the woes of Toronto's people. Join them in historic pubs and hear tales of years gone by over a craft beer on this Toronto tour that proves that beer does indeed make history better (like that was ever in doubt)!
Local English-speaking guide.
Snacks, beverages, souvenirs, tips & gratuities for your guide.
- Discover some fantastic seasonal and local brews, complete with recommendations from your beer geek tour guide
- Pay a visit to three unique and beloved Toronto pubs
- Meander through the iconic St Lawrence Market, chatting with vendors, admiring the products, and nabbing samples
- Explore the Distillery District, one of Toronto’s most historic and regenerated neighbourhoods
- Learn that beer really does make history better!
Duration: 4 hours
Outside the Hockey Hall of Fame (NW corner of Yonge St. and Front St.)
Starting time: 2.00 PM
The Distillery District.
- Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide.
- Exclusions: Snacks, beverages, souvenirs, tips & gratuities for your guide.
- Dress standard: Summers can be hot and humid, spring/autumn can be cool, and winters downright frigid with snow. Dress according to weather and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Your Trip: This trip is offered on a "join-in" basis. Maximum group size is 12.
- Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We'll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
- Additional Information: Please note that a beer sampling is included at the end of the tour. Drinks may be purchased at stops during the tour. In addition, the “Multicultural Kensington Market and Chinatown” tour begins and finishes before this tour. Consider doing both to make a full day of it!
- Child Policy: Children and teens under age 19 are not permitted to join this tour. Photo ID must be supplied to your guide at the beginning of the tour.
Throughout its history, from the early 1800s, when Toronto was known as "York" to the modern metropolis it is today, the citizens of this city have used beer for refreshment and merrymaking.
This Toronto beer tour is a historic walk through the streets of the old Toronto and an introduction to Canadian beer all rolled into one.
Your Toronto tour will start and end at local icons, visiting a few others in between. With a focus on craft beer made in Toronto and its surrounding regions, this beer tour is known to be one of the best things to do in Toronto.
Throughout the tour, you’ll learn about what role beer has played though the decades in helping Torontonians cope with cholera, fire, war, depression, rebellion, muddy streets, general Victorian stuffiness, and decades of losing seasons by the Maple Leafs (of course).
This (now classic) beer tour in Toronto will visit a few unique and historical pubs, all with different atmospheres, patrons, servers, and, of course, beer selection. Your guide will be a verified beer geek, with a love and passion for beer that will be evident from the get go. They’ll be full of recommendations for you, and can easily help you navigate the river of local craft beers you’ll uncover along your journey.
Additionally, because we want to prove why high school history totally wasn’t as fun as this way of learning history, we will indulge you with some historical tales of early Toronto, hoping to give visitors and locals alike a new perspective on the city.
Not just wanting to stick to beer, this Toronto tour will also make a stop at the historic St Lawrence Market, where you can sniff out samples (go for the mustard!), and discover why this place has such a solid place in the hearts of Torontonians.
We’ll cap off the tour in the Distillery District, an old industrial park and whiskey factory that has been converted into a hub of art, culture, and cafes. It’s a rather photogenic part of the city, so be sure your camera isn’t out of batteries before you get here!
If you’re going to tour Toronto, we’re pretty sure this is the way to do it. Beer, history, urban icons, and funky neighbourhoods – can you really get much better than that?!