- Thursday 25 May 2017
I'm just back from a short trip to Universal Orlando Resort and I can't speak highly enough of it. It challenged what I thought I knew and exceeded my expectations!
With a massive variety of hotels to choose from I am definitely more confident now in knowing which ones to recommend to my different clients, based on their needs. There were great benefits to staying on site in one of the Universal Resorts Hotels including:
- Being able to go into the park an hour earlier than the general public
- You clear security at your hotel - which saves you lots of time
- You are guaranteed access to the brand new waterpark 'Volcano Bay'! This will be a big plus especially during peak times
- You can use your key cards to guarantee entry into the bars and restaurants in City Walk and if there is any entrance fees then you don't pay these
- The proximity to the park allows you to go back and forth throughout the day for relaxation or some time playing in the pools! Personally, I think this is a big advantage...when it's hot in the afternoon you are a short walk to your hotel for a cooling swim or refreshing drink!
- Save transportation costs
- Save time queueing at the main entrance
We had VIP passes which allow you to skip all the queues and go on the rides as many times as you want. We also had Dining Cards and this is also something I would recommend and is something we pre-book for clients. We had 1 lunch, 1 snack and 1 soft drink per day and this can be used on the parks. For lunch it would include a Main Meal and Dessert. A snack was anything from Popcorn, Ice cream, etc. It is a great way to save money as it can be very expensive to eat out.
For someone like me who is not into Roller coasters I was so surprised at the sheer amount of what I could do! Harry Potter World is amazing, exactly like the movie and the Hogwarts Train takes you from one park to another. There are lots of Simulators in Universal and I did all of them with my favorites including Jurassic park, King Cong, the Mummy, Shrek, Transformers, E.T and of Course the Minions but there was so much more.
What a fantastic trip!
Caroline - Shandon Travel, Clonakilty.
Just to note.........
We now book the lounge in Dublin airport for our clients and I would definitely recommend this - the starting price is €19.99 for up to 3 hours depending on the time of the day and services include complimentary food, drinks including alcohol, WI FI, shower rooms, entertainment areas and sleeping pods.